- 4 tbsp salt
- 400g dry fettuccine
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 250g ham off the bone, diced.
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp double cream
- 1 tsp cracked pepper
- 60g freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In a medium saucepan, add 2 litres of water. Bring to boil and add salt.
- Add fettuccine and cook for 6 minutes until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan on medium heat, cook ham with a splash of olive oil for 5 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Add fettuccine with tongs to the pan right away while still really hot. Make sure you save some of the cooking pasta water.
- Slowly mix in egg yolks, cream and 3 tbsp of the cooking pasta water to get a nice creamy sauce. Add pepper and cheese, toss and serve.