- 225 water chestnuts (optional)
- 3-4 shallots (optional)
- 1 onion
- 2 sticks of celery
- 1 carrot
- 2 t oil
- 500g of minced meat (lean pork tastes better, use chicken or pork or turkey or a mixture of any of these)
- 2 t cornflour
- 1 t sesame oil (optional but nice)
- 1T soy sauce
- 2T oyster sauce
- 2T dry sherry
- 1 head of lettuce washed and leaves made/cut into ‘cups’ (use scissors)
- 1T Rice Bran Oil
- Very finely chop/dice veges.
- Mix minced meats with corn flour (press cornflour in with a fork)
- Heat Rice Bran oil in a hot wok/frypan and stir fry meat till brown/golden – break up any clumps
- Stir in diced vegetables . Cook 2 minutes.
- Combine sesame oil, soy sauce, oyster sauce and sherry and stir into the mixture.
- Cook 5 mins.
Serving / Storage
Serve in lettuce leaves – iceberg is best – soak leaves in icy cold water for 30 mins then pat dry prior to serving.
Sang Choy Bow meat mix can be frozen.